Continuing on from yesterday’s post on Tapping, we’re going to take a bit of a metaphysical, alternative approach. Today we are talking about energy. We have seven different chakras, which vibrate and move at different spends in our body, starting at the spine traveling up the top of the head. Each has its own corresponding color and gem (hence the appeal of crystals). Basically if one of our chakras is blocked, it can lead to dis-ease in our bodies, as well as mental pitfalls. Let’s break this down to see what a blocked chakra feels like both emotionally and physically:
- Root chakra is your survival and security center. Think of it as literally grounding you. Manifestations come from your root chakra. If it is blocked then fear, anxiety, insecurity, and frustration can occur. Physical it can lead to obesity, anorexia, or knee problems.
- Sacral (belly) chakra is the center for sexuality, creativity, intuition, and self-worth. Physical it can manifest itself into kidney weakness, stiff lower back, constipation, and muscle spasms.
- Solar Plexus is the center of personal power, ego, passion, impulse, anger, and strength. If it is blocked then you can experience a lack of confidence, confusion, worry of what others are thinking, you feel like others are controlling your life, or depressed. Physically it can show up as digestive disorders, liver problems, diabetes, nervous exhaustion, and food allergies.
- Heart of course is responsible for love and compassion. However when out of whack you’ll be throwing pity parties, paranoid, indecisive, afraid to let go, and unworthy of love. Naturally the physical symptoms are heart disease, high blood pressure, , insomnia, and difficulty breathing.
- Throat is the center of communication and expressing creativity (artist and musician rock a powerful throat chakra). Imbalance means timidness, quietness, weak feeling and a hard telling expressing oneself. Physically look for hyperthyroidism, inflammation and back pain.
- Third Eye is your higher intuition and spiritual energy. A block can be non assertive and afraid of success. Physically check for headaches and blindness.
- Crown is where the spirituality, enlightenment and our connection to god hangs out. Disconnect from this and you’re bound to be frustrated, destructive, and free from joy. Physically it can manifest into migraines and depression.
I personally find this fascinating. Look at your physical ailments and then check out there behavior counter parts. Really dig deep and be honest with yourself. Evaluate your weak chakras.