Broccoli may be the brunt of many childhood food phobia jokes, but it does kind of reign supreme in the vegetable kingdom. For me personally it’s my second go-to vegetable (after my admiration for cabbage of course!). I especially like it tossed in grass-fed butter with mushrooms and salt. Simple but unbelievably tasty. It’s green therefore its packed with potential benefits. Here are some such benefits:
- Potassium: great for nervous systems
- Vitamin C: think antioxidant prowess
- Vitamin K: your bones will thank you for this one
- High fiber (helps prevent overeating and believe me broccoli-especially raw is an eating workout. Prepare to sweat and skip the dessert)
- Glucoraphanin: anti-cancer potential and great for skin health
- Lutein: notable in eye health
Pretty impressive resume, guess we should all eat our broccoli as kids. Recipes coming tomorrow and Sunday, have a fantastic weekend!