Apples! They’re colorful and varied and they’re in season. I’ve been munching on some delicious crunchy apples lately because the grocer and market are overflowing with them. Tomorrow I feature them in my Paulin’s Pantry Episode (yes you get to see me in action again!). Why to eat apples besides their absolute yumminess?
- Blood sugar: the phytonutrients in apples help regulate blood sugar.
- Its unique nutrients work together with fiber, to give it a boost
- Interesting is whole apples affect on our appetite and hunger. Eat a medium one before dinner and you’re likely to consume less calories!
- Apparently apples can positively affect the good bacteria in your large intestine: good for metabolism
- Polyphenols mean that apples have antioxidant prowess. Antioxidant review: they neautralize free radicals. Free radicals can lead to inflammation. Chronic or acute inflammation leads to disease. Death.
Apples: they’re sweet, they’re crisp, they’re good for you and they’re fresh in a store or market near you: EAT THEM!