More than 26 million people worldwide were estimated to be living with Alzheimer’s disease in 2006, according to a study led by researchers at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. The researchers also concluded the global prevalence of Alzheimer’s disease will grow to more than 106 million by 2050. By that time, 43 percent of those with Alzheimer’s disease will need high-level care, equivalent to that of a nursing home.
We have realized that the most important services we can provide to our clients is to promote the use of pharmaceutical fish oil and offer it to them at an affordable costs. When it comes to supplements, I’ve made it pretty clear that I like things natural, so fish oil is the only ‘supplement’ that I take. Why? Why is fish oil so important? Why must it be pharmaceutical? I think the opening stat should be a hint at fish oil’s importance to the brain. The question I ask is: why live this great life, conquer all these challenges, love all these people, learn all these lessons, find and love myself, and have all these experiences, just to forget them and who I am?
Benefits of Pharmaceutical Fish Oil:
- decreased risk heart disease
- decreased risk cancer
- improved memory
- increased weight loss
- Great source of omega-3 fatty acids, today’s current eating habits promotes skewed consumption of omega-6 (in vegetable oils and processed foods), therefore increasing inflammation in the body (remember chronic inflammation is what creates disease, and eventual death)
- EPA/DHA are essential to brain health. Low levels are associated with Alzheimer’s, dementia, depression, and schizophrenia. On the other hand higher levels are beneficial to decrease the risk of cancers; especially prostrate, breast, and colorectal cancers
- Greater levels of dopamine (organization and spurt to action)
- serotonin (stress handler and feel good sense)
- improved concentration
- greater athletic performance
- slows “aging”
- better stress management
- increased calmness
- improved creativity
- increased sexual drive
You would have to eat 3 pounds of salmon to get all the benefits of a single serving of fish oil. Think not only about trying to eat 3 lbs of fish, but think of the cost of this much wild caught fish (because it’d have to be wild and not farm-raised). When you figure it out the average cost is $1.60 a day (comparable if not cheaper than a coffee, tea or pop habit only healthier). Alrighty, now that we’ve covered why to take fish oil, why does it need to be pharmaceutical? To begin with, to get premium levels of EPA/DHA, it should be pharmaceutical. Next is toxins. With fish and the state of today’s oceans toxins are a concern. These can cause build-up of toxic impurities like PCBs, which:
- disrupt the hormonal system,
- possibly give rise to cancerous tumors,
- cause gastrointestinal problems (gas, abdominal pain, and diarrhea)
The only fish oils we recommend then are the prescription Lovesa and the Dr Sears which we carry. We are so driven and believe in it so much we are willing to deliver it to our Terre Haute clients and new Colorado Spring potentials within a determined radius. We’ll increase service by putting you on our email or monthly call list to keep you up-to-date on your orders. We really feel that fish oil is not just a suggestion, but one of the best things you can do for yourself and one that we can make accessible to you (and at a reduced cost). To find out about getting fish oil call (812) 234-9136 or (719)271-2016 for Colorado or email us at Bodychangesp@aol.com.