Still pushing through the foods that I thought I would have covered, but apparently haven’t. Today celery is up to bat. I like celery, especially to add another texture when I’m looking for something crisp and refreshing. One of the few vegetables I really enjoy raw.
- Very good source of vitamin C= immune system/inflammation
- phthalides (active compounds) can help relax the muscles around arteries, allowing them to dilate and helping, therefore with blood pressure
- phthalides are decrease stress hormones
- courmarins prevent free radical damage
- good source of magnesium
- good source of calcium
- very good source of potassium
Celery is great by itself, or as a dipper (like with buffalo dips or broccoli hummus). Growing up, we always enjoyed celery with peanut butter, but you can replace this with almond butter and it’s even better!