soy has wrongfully been dubbed a ‘health’ food, literally the health food alternative sections of grocery stores, popular among vegetarians and a major cash crop. Well today we’re here to dispel these misleading connotations and look at why you should steer clear of the soy ‘health’ shenanigans. Here is why not to eat soy:
- Its high concentration of phytic acid reduces the assimilation of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, and zinc. Diets high in phytate have also been shown to cause growth problems in children.
- Phytoestrogens mess with the function of the endocrine system and may cause infertility, while also promoting breast cancer.
- These phytoestrogens are also a lethal antithyroid agent that can lead to hypothyroidism and potentially thyroid cancer. Infants fed soy formula has been linked to autoimmune thyroid disease.
- Trysin inhibitors interfere with protein digestion.
- B12 is not absorbed properly and may actually require an increased portion.
- It increases the requirement of vitamin D
- Proteins are denatured due to the increased temperature used in processing soy protein isolate and textured vegetable protein.
- The processing of soy actually leads to the formation of toxic lysinoalanine and carcinogenic nitrosamines
- Processing creates MSG (neurotoxin) and more are usually added after processing.
- Increases aluminum is toxic to the nervous system and kidneys.
If you think that switching to soy burgers or soy milk is doing yourself some good, I would seek out other alternatives. For more on our fat-burner weight loss programs check out our website at bodychange.net.